Filtering MonitorEventType events sent to DBMonitor

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
Harald Cich

Filtering MonitorEventType events sent to DBMonitor

Post by Harald Cich » Tue 19 Oct 2010 15:42

Hi over there.
While experimentig a little bit with DBbmonitor and OracleMonitor classes I can't found a possibility to filter out the MonitorEvent of type Connect from the event set sent to DBMonitor. I don't want to monitor the Connect/Disconnet event because everybody can see the password of the oracle user I use. I can of course set UseApp to false and write my own MonitorEventHandler for some kind of logging and monitoring but I think it's better (and more comfortable :) ) to use dbmonitor. Any idea how to prevent the user of dbmonitor to see the password of my oracle user or how to prevent OracleMonitor classes to sent this information to DBMonitor ?

With regards,

Harald

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Wed 20 Oct 2010 11:46

Please navigate to the View > Event Filter menu of dbMonitor and clear the Connect/Disconnect checkbox. As a result, the connection events will not be logged to the Events window and to the *.log file (Tools > Options > Events > the Flush to file radio button).

Harald Cich

Post by Harald Cich » Thu 21 Oct 2010 12:54

Hi !
Thank you very much. My problem is that I try to prevent MY APPLICATION to send this information (connection information with password) to the dbmonitor. In other words: I want to get control about which events are send to dbmonitor an which not.

Any idea how I can achieve this in my c# sourcecode ?

With kindest regards,

Harald

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Fri 22 Oct 2010 14:51

Thank you for your suggestion. I will post here when we add the feature that allows to hide credentials.