The specified store provider cannot be found

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
tleese22

The specified store provider cannot be found

Post by tleese22 » Thu 07 Oct 2010 21:53

Hello,

I have a console application I'm trying to deploy and I'm getting the exception below. It works fine on my development machine.

System.ArgumentException: The specified store provider cannot be found in the configuration, or is not valid. ---> System.ArgumentException: Unable to find the requested .Net Framework Data Provider. It may not be installed.

Here is my app.config file:

What do I need to do to resolve this? I already have the dll's below in the installation folder:

Devart.Data.dll
Devart.Data.Linq.dll
Devart.Data.Oracle.dll
Devart.Data.Oracle.Linq

- Taylor

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Fri 08 Oct 2010 08:10

Please refer to http://www.devart.com/dotconnect/oracle ... yment.html.
1. Have you registered OracleProviderFactory in machine.config or *.config of your application?
2. If you are using Entity Framework, deploy your application with Devart.Data.Oracle.Entity.dll instead of [Devart.Data.Linq.dll and Devart.Data.Oracle.Linq.dll].

atmuc

Post by atmuc » Fri 08 Oct 2010 08:23

i have the same problem. is not it possible to build your solution without install dotconnect to your computer? i satisfy the deployment roles. i can build and deploy my application and it works on another computer. bu i can not build my application on another computer that has no installation of dotconnect. i get the same error.

StanislavK
Devart Team

Post by StanislavK » Fri 08 Oct 2010 16:38

Please check that dotConnect for Oracle is properly registered in your system:
- there should be an entry in the DbProviderFactories node of either machine.config of the build machine or app.config (or web.config) of your application;
- check that the proper version of dotConnect for Oracle is specified in this entry; you can find the version you are using in the Tools -> Oracle -> 'About dotConnect for Oracle' item of the Visual Studio main menu.

If the problem persists, could you please send us a small test project so that we are able to investigate the issue in details?

tleese22

Post by tleese22 » Tue 12 Oct 2010 01:05

Adding a element and using the Devart.Data.Oracle.Entity.dll seem to have fixed the problem.