Adding LinqConnect Model fails to launch Wizard

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
plangeberg

Adding LinqConnect Model fails to launch Wizard

Post by plangeberg » Thu 23 Sep 2010 15:32

I am unable to see any of my *.lqml in designer mode, only code. IE right-click datacontext.lqml and select 'View Designer' just brings up the raw code, not the designer.

I also cannot get the Wizard to launch when following the instructions found here http://www.devart.com/dotconnect/oracle ... _linq.html

at the step
Generating Model from Database

Add Devart LinqConnect Model to the project. To do this, right-click on the project node in Solution Explorer, point to Add, click New Item.... In the Add New Item dialog select Data category, choose Devart LinqConnect Model template, and click Add. This automatically launches Create New Model wizard, which creates a new empty model or generates it from database.

when I click 'Add' the Create New Model wizard is not ran but I am just taken to the DataContext.lqml page which contains the following:

It has worked in the past. I have ASP.NET MVC2 apps that still work using dotconnect for Oracle but I cannot 'View Designer' for any of the dotConnect items. I have even started with a new console app project to get the same results.

I have LINQ to SQL Classes in the same projects and the wizards run as expected as well as I can right-click and select 'View Designer' and get the designer.

VS 2010 Ver 10.0.30319.1 RTMRel
dotConnect for Oracle Professional Edition Ver 5.7.152.0
OraDeveloper Tools: 2.60.175.0
.NET Framework V4.0

StanislavK
Devart Team

Post by StanislavK » Fri 24 Sep 2010 13:51

Most probably, the default program for .lqml models changed from Entity Developer to XML Editor for some reason. Please try setting it back to Entity Developer:
- select the 'Open with' item of the pop-up menu for a LinqConnect model;
- select Entity Developer in the dialog opened;
- click the 'Set as Default' button.

Please tell us if this helps.

plangeberg

Post by plangeberg » Fri 24 Sep 2010 14:00

That was it! Thanks so much!!