DatabaseExplorer doesn't show any tables after connecting

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
pratik

DatabaseExplorer doesn't show any tables after connecting

Post by pratik » Fri 13 Aug 2010 04:17

I connect to my schema in Oracle database DB1 using DatabaseExplorer in VS 2008 I can see the tables in the tree view. (connected using schema username and password).
I connect to my schema in another Oracle database DB2 using DatabaseExplorer in VS 2008 I can not see the tables in the tree view, using schema username and password.
According to DBA I have same privilges in both database.

What can be the reason. Is there any logging/tracing for dotconnect to see what is happening.

I used wireshark to capture the network traffic and sql executed is

SELECT T1.OWNER AS "Schema", T1.TABLE_NAME AS "Name",
DECODE(T1.OWNER, 'SYS', 'System', 'SYSTEM', 'System', 'SYSMAN', 'System','@CTXSYS', 'System','MDSYS', 'System','OLAPSYS',
'System', 'ORDSYS@', 'System','OUTLN', 'System', 'WKSYS', 'System','WMSYS', 'System','XDB',
'System','ORDPLUGINS', 'System','User') AS "Type",
CLUSTER_OWNER AS "ClusterSchema", CLUSTER_NAME AS "ClusterName", BACKED_UP AS "BackedUp",
CACHE AS "Cache", TABLE_LOCK AS "TableLock",
TEMPORARY AS "Temporary", NESTED AS "Nested",
BUFFER_POOL AS "BufferPool", DURATION AS "Duration", SKIP_CORRUPT AS "SkipCorrupt",
T2.COMMENTS AS "Comments" FROM SYS.ALL_ALL_TABLES T1,
SYS.ALL_TAB_COMMENTS T2 WHERE T1.OWNER = T2.OWNER AND T1.TABLE_NAME = T2.TABLE_NAME
AND DROPPED 'YES' AND t1.OWNER='*****' AND t1.TABLE_NAME LIKE t1.TABLE_NAME ORDER BY t1.OWNER, t1.TABLE_NAME;

I can execute this SQL from SQL Developer in both databases and it gives me the correct result.

StanislavK
Devart Team

Post by StanislavK » Fri 13 Aug 2010 13:05

Could you please specify the exact name of the schema with which the problem occurs? Also, what versions of dotConnect for Oracle and Oracle server are you using?

pratik

Post by pratik » Sun 15 Aug 2010 00:54

The schema name is pkhasnabis (it is the personal schema for me).
Oracle version is 10GR2, DotConnect is 5.70 (I installed the latest version but the previous version also did not work).

StanislavK
Devart Team

Post by StanislavK » Mon 16 Aug 2010 14:00

Please try catching the exception that occurs (if any) when you open the connection to this schema. To do so, please perform the following:
- start debugging Visual Studio by another VS instance (the Tools -> Attach to Process item of the Visual Studio main menu);
- check that the 'Just My Code' debugging option is disabled (select the Tools -> Options main menu item, then the Debugging node and turn off the 'Enable Just My Code' check box);
- configure Visual Studio to break when internal exceptions are thrown (the Debug -> Exceptions main menu item, check the 'Common Language Runtime Exceptions' box);
- open the problem schema.

If an exception is thrown, please tell us its exact message and stack trace.