VB.NET dll and ASP.NET Licensing

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
landerson

VB.NET dll and ASP.NET Licensing

Post by landerson » Mon 19 Jul 2010 22:18

I have a VB.NET dll that I have built and I want to use it in an ASP.NET application. However, licensing gets in the way. This environment is separate from the VB.NET environment and does not have DevArt for Oracle installed in it. The VB.NET dll is the only dll in the ASP.NET environment that will use DevArt.

How do I add the licensing to the ASP.NET environment to use the VB.NET dll? Everything I see in your documentation implies that everything has to be attached to an executable. How do I resolve this for ASP.NET to use a VB.NET dll?

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Wed 21 Jul 2010 12:14

dotConnect for Oracle uses .NET component licensing. License information is a specially formed embedded resource. In the case of ASP.NET Web Application, it is necessary to add the licenses.licx file to the project manually as it is described at http://www.devart.com/dotconnect/oracle ... tml#manual, and re-build your application on the machine where dotConnect for Oracle is installed.