dotConnect for Oracle license issue

dotConnect for Oracle license issue

Postby xcbroker » Wed 14 Jul 2010 03:10

Hello,

We develop SharePoint Web Parts using dotConnect for Oracle version 5.35.79. The custom web parts have been developed to work in both SharePoint 2007 and SharePoint 2010. It has been working but recently we found that using this library failed with the following error message:

Connection failed.
License not valid due to the problems with dotConnect for Oracle installation.

We got this error both from a windows application and from custom web parts running in ASP.NET SharePoint environment. Please note this has been working in the past and in deployed customer site.

We have strictly followed the instructions mentioned in your documentation ( http://www.devart.com/dotconnect/oracle ... nsing.html , the Licensing ASP.NET Applications section and the Troubleshooting section)? We have created licenses.licx file embedded with the project for windows application and for web parts projects. The file contains the strings: Devart.Data.Oracle.OracleConnection, Devart.Data.Oracle

Please help.

Thanks,
Sean
xcbroker
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue 07 Apr 2009 21:25

Postby StanislavK » Wed 14 Jul 2010 13:47

Did you use the same version of dotConnect for Oracle all the time or made an upgrade recently? In the latter case, please try clearing the Bin folders of your applications and place there the newer versions of Devart assemblies.

Also, did you try to check the license information with the corresponding tool (Tools -> Oracle -> License Information)? What messages does it show?

If possible, please send us a small compiled binary and its sources with which the problem can be reproduced.
StanislavK
Devart Team
 
Posts: 1710
Joined: Thu 03 Dec 2009 10:48

Postby xcbroker » Wed 14 Jul 2010 16:27

We are indeed upgrading from older version of the DLL to newer one. In fact from CoreLab.Data.dll to Devart.Data.dll.

We have fixed the problem and it appeared not to be in the code but in our build server. We cleaned up all the BIN and OBJ folders. But most importantly we run the installer file and verified license info in Visual Studio.NET and everything seems to be in place.

After that our build produced the correct file and we no longer receive license error. Thanks.
xcbroker
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue 07 Apr 2009 21:25

Postby StanislavK » Thu 15 Jul 2010 14:43

Glad to see that the problem was resolved.
StanislavK
Devart Team
 
Posts: 1710
Joined: Thu 03 Dec 2009 10:48


Return to dotConnect for Oracle