Error DataSetWizard

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
degas

Error DataSetWizard

Post by degas » Thu 03 Jun 2010 13:55

I am trying to use your DataSetWizard to generate the DataSetSchema. Everything works fine, until i want to edit the DataSet.
When i open the DataSetWizard and select the previously created DataSet i get a warning
This DataSet was edited outside of DataSetWizard. More Info
When i press next, i get a error saying
InvalidArgument=Value of '2' is not valid for 'SelectedIndex'. Parameter name : SelectedIndex
I have done the some test using both my development a personal machine, using Windows XP and Windows Vista both with VS2008.
I have not edited the DataSet outside the VS. In fact after creating a new DataSet, i tried to edit it using the wizard, i still get the error.

I am using version 5.35.79
[/code]

degas

Post by degas » Thu 03 Jun 2010 14:19

I have found a way overcoming the warning by setting Use provider-specific code generator when creating typed DataSet but then the previous selected tables are not again selected. This means that if i have any previous changes in the DataSet, i have to fully gerenarate the DataSet.

The only way i have found is using the DataSet desingner that comes with VS 2008.

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Fri 04 Jun 2010 13:29

Please upgrade to the latest version of dotConnect for Oracle. I cannot reproduce the mentioned problems using the 5.70.140 version.