Session Pool Name

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
Alladin

Session Pool Name

Post by Alladin » Tue 25 May 2010 14:25

Hi there,

How do I specify connection pool name to split connections into several pools?

Thank you,
Lex

StanislavK
Devart Team

Post by StanislavK » Wed 26 May 2010 17:01

There are no methods to create a specific pool and place chosen connections there. Pools where connections may be placed are sorted by the set of connection properties, and connections with the same property sets are placed to the same pool.

If you need some additional functionality for connection pooling, could you please describe it in more details?

Alladin

Post by Alladin » Wed 26 May 2010 22:46

What correct property should I specify differently to force my connections to the same database to use different connection pools?

Right now I use OciSessionPoolUserId, I know this property is not used with internal pooling, but this is just a workaround. And I'm not sure that it really works...

The idea of different pools is that we can schedule some important database tasks to less loaded pool, providing better application responsiveness.

StanislavK
Devart Team

Post by StanislavK » Fri 28 May 2010 15:58

Only main connection parameters are used to separate connection pools. At the moment, there is no functionality to forcibly create pools and distribute connections. We will investigate the possibility of adding such feature and notify you about the results.