Dataset, stored procedure whitout schemaname

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
histu

Dataset, stored procedure whitout schemaname

Post by histu » Tue 11 May 2010 13:43

Hello,

Is it possible to add a devart dataset to the project, set it to an oracle stored procedure which has an out refcursor parameter and NOT save the name of the schema of the developer database.

When I browse for the stored procedure in the list it is listed as database_schema_name.stored_procedure_name. So when I found my sp it saves it with the schema name and If i change the connectionstring (dinamically) it throws an exception because it would like to call the sp in the other schema.

Is it a bug? Are there any workaround to solve this problem?

Thanks
Istvan

StanislavK
Devart Team

Post by StanislavK » Wed 12 May 2010 12:26

Could you please describe the way you are creating DataSet and re-setting its connection string in more details? Also, a small test project and the definitions of the database objects would be very helpful.

We are unable to reproduce the problem at the moment. I've created DataSet with a simple stored procedure returning a cursor, and the procedure is called without schema name in this DataSet.

histu

Post by histu » Thu 13 May 2010 09:43

Hello

Sorry, when I created the sample project I got in the swing of I was made a mistake and the process of the creating a dataset is good.
So after I set the dataset, connect the datatabel to the stored procedure it created a commandtype = text, commandtext = begin sampleproce(:cursor) end; command. I made a mistake after that because I change it in the properties menu to commandtype = stored procedure, commandtext = stored procedure name. But when I changed the type of the command, the textbox next to the commandtext changed to a combobox. This combobox was filled up with names of the stored procedures of the database in the format of schemaname.stored_procedure.
So if I would left as default the commandtype and commandtext I hadn't run into this problem.
Maybe there is a bug because the combobox filled up with the names of the stored procedure in a wrong format, but it can be avoidable.

Thanks for your time and your help StanislavK

Istvan

StanislavK
Devart Team

Post by StanislavK » Fri 14 May 2010 15:53

Could you please specify the exact error message you are receiving and the version of dotConnect for Oracle you are using? Also, it would be very helpful if you send us the DDL script for creating the procedures used and specify the privileges of schemas' owners. We couldn't reproduce the problem at the moment.

Stored procedures are listed in the combo box with full names for the sake of clarity. Otherwise, if some package has the same name as the schema, procedures inside and outside the package may be confused.