License was not compiled with Trial edition of dotConnect...

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
dm3sol

License was not compiled with Trial edition of dotConnect...

Post by dm3sol » Tue 11 May 2010 08:59

I was using the DevArt with a trial license until we bought a Professional License. I have reinstalled the DevArt on my laptop and but if I want to deploy my application to IIS 6 server I get this error:

Code: Select all

License was not compiled with Trial edition of dotConnect for Oracle. Reinstall dotConnect for Oracle, clear all temporary files, and recompile the application.
I did uninstall the trial and then installed the licensed dotConnect on my laptop. I cleaned all licenses.config and *.lincx. I checked my GAC before I installed the licensed version...

I ran out of options.

Any ideas?

StanislavK
Devart Team

Post by StanislavK » Wed 12 May 2010 12:27

Probably, the Devart assemblies of the trial version were left in your application. Please remove and re-add all Devart assemblies in the Bin folder of your site.

If the problem persists, please send us a test project with which the problem can be reproduced.

dm3sol

Post by dm3sol » Wed 12 May 2010 16:15

Thanks for your reply ! That was it ! I have removed the "trial" libs and it works well now...

As a food for thoughts, it would be nice if the License information window in my Visual Studio notifies me about the wrong libraries and not when I actually deploy it to the server.

StanislavK
Devart Team

Post by StanislavK » Mon 17 May 2010 15:44

Thank you for your suggestion. We will investigate the possibility of implementing such feature and notify you about the results.