Devexpress XtraReports and dotConnect for Oracle issues

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
bhav27

Devexpress XtraReports and dotConnect for Oracle issues

Post by bhav27 » Tue 27 Apr 2010 08:18

I am designing XtraReports using dotConnect for Oracle provider. I started by creating a simple oracleDataAdapter on the designer of the report and then generated a DataSet.

I then assigned a DataSet to the datasource of XtraReport. For some reason I cannot preview the report nor I can view the report in the runtime.

However, devexpress support asked me handle BeforePrint event of the XtraReport and then reassign the dataset as a datasouce to the report. Which seems to work in the report run time, but the preview mode of the report still does not work.

however, using normal SQLDataAdapter and dataset does not have any of the above problems.

Can some advice on the issue with dotconnect for oracle and devexpress xtrareports?

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Fri 30 Apr 2010 16:35

Have you set the DevartDataSet.YourTable.Active property to True in the design time? Please send us a small test project with the scenario which works with System.Data.SqlClient, but doesn't work with dotConnect for Oracle. Also please specify the versions of the DevExpress controls and dotConnect for Oracle (x.xx.xx) you are using. You can find the version of dotConnect for Oracle in the Tools | Oracle | About menu of Visual Studio.

bhav27

Post by bhav27 » Wed 05 May 2010 13:57

Shalex wrote:Have you set the DevartDataSet.YourTable.Active property to True in the design time? Please send us a small test project with the scenario which works with System.Data.SqlClient, but doesn't work with dotConnect for Oracle. Also please specify the versions of the DevExpress controls and dotConnect for Oracle (x.xx.xx) you are using. You can find the version of dotConnect for Oracle in the Tools | Oracle | About menu of Visual Studio.
I could not fine DevartDataSet.YourTable.Active property in the design time. Can you direct me where I can find that?

StanislavK
Devart Team

Post by StanislavK » Fri 07 May 2010 12:02

We have reproduced the problem, we will investigate it and notify you about the results as soon as possible.

StanislavK
Devart Team

Post by StanislavK » Thu 20 May 2010 16:20

We have investigated the issue.

1) DataSets created using Devart DataSet Wizard cannot be used by XtraReports. The reason is that XtraReports create a class that inherits System.Data.DataTable but try to bind it the fields specific for Devart.Data.Oracle.OracleDataTable. The last class is the ancestor of data tables used in DataSets created by the Devart wizard.

2) It should be possible to use DataSets created with MS DataSet Designer. If you are encountering any problems with this, please send us a test project with which the problem can be reproduced.

hannes_a

Post by hannes_a » Thu 05 Aug 2010 09:40

1) DataSets created using Devart DataSet Wizard cannot be used by XtraReports.
New build of dotConnect for Oracle 5.70.152 is available for download now.
This version includes:
* Fixed bug with DataTable in design time when using DevExpress XtraReport
Does it mean, that with 5.70.152 I can use XtraReports ?

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Thu 05 Aug 2010 14:54

Yes, we have fixed the problem that was associated with the Unable to cast object of type 'DevExpress.XtraReports.UI.XtraReport' to type 'System.Windows.Forms.Control' error. Please try the 5.70.152 build of dotConnect for Oracle.