Can't Configure Data Source in Reporting Services Designer

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
matt.johnson

Can't Configure Data Source in Reporting Services Designer

Post by matt.johnson » Thu 18 Feb 2010 16:48

Hi, I am using Oracle dot.connect 5.35.79.0 and I followed the directions here (http://www.devart.com/forums/viewtopic. ... rtdesigner) for setting up the config files, but of course changed the names from MySQL to Oracle.

I can see Devart.Data.Oracle now in the Type dropdown when creating my data source, but the Edit button is disabled and if I try to paste in a connection string and then add the data source to a report it says that "The selected data extension Devart.Data.Oracle cannot be loaded."

Any ideas? Does anyone have the config file info for the Oracle version?

Thanks

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Fri 19 Feb 2010 13:33

We have reproduced the problem with the 5.35.79.0 version. Please use dotConnect for Oracle Beta 5.55.97 where it is fixed.

It is a known issue with the Edit button. Please put your connection string in the Connection string section from the General tab, and your credentials to the appropriate section from the Credentials tab.

The SQL Server Business Intelligence Solutions support is available only in Professional Edition. You can check your edition via the Tools | Oracle | About menu of Visual Studio.

matt.johnson

Post by matt.johnson » Fri 19 Feb 2010 15:25

Shalex wrote:We have reproduced the problem with the 5.35.79.0 version. Please use dotConnect for Oracle Beta 5.55.97 where it is fixed.

It is a known issue with the Edit button. Please put your connection string in the Connection string section from the General tab, and your credentials to the appropriate section from the Credentials tab.

The SQL Server Business Intelligence Solutions support is available only in Professional Edition. You can check your edition via the Tools | Oracle | About menu of Visual Studio.
5.55.97 works, thanks!