Problem to use: dotConnect for Oracle (Mobile Trial)

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
Claudia

Problem to use: dotConnect for Oracle (Mobile Trial)

Post by Claudia » Wed 17 Feb 2010 22:10

Hello,
I installed the dotConnect Trial for Oracle Mobile version. I´ve a terminal with CE and it has to connect to Oracle and execute "Select", "Insert" and "Update" statements.
I´m trying to prove the dotConnect but the connection is not opened. The message is:
"Try to made a socket operation on inaccesible host"

I don´t understand it since the Oracle server is accesible to VB .net Oracle Connection.

StanislavK
Devart Team

Post by StanislavK » Thu 18 Feb 2010 13:39

Please check that you are using the IP address of the server instead of DNS name in the mobile application.

If the problem persists, please specify the connection string you are using.

Claudia

String conection

Post by Claudia » Thu 18 Feb 2010 23:11

The string conection is:
"Provider=MSDAORA.1;Data Source=prd;Persist Security Info=True;Password=sistemas;User ID=lasad_si;"

I have other question: I´m doing a simple application for a demo and if it´s accepted we´ll have to program for some CE devices so, Do we need to adquire a license for each device or for each programmer?

StanislavK
Devart Team

Post by StanislavK » Fri 19 Feb 2010 12:38

For mobile applications, it is recommended to use the IP address of the server as "Data Source". Also, as mobile applications can connect in Direct mode only, please specify the Port and SID connection string parameters. Finally, our OracleConnection component does not have the Provider property of connection string. Please try this connection string:

Code: Select all

"Data Source=[your server IP here];Port = [the port your server is listening to]; SID = [the SID of your server];Persist Security Info=True;Password=***;User ID=***;"
Please see our help on connection string.

If the problem persists, please specify the exact versions of dotConnect for Oracle and the Oracle database you are using.

As for licensing, dotConnect for Oracle is licensed for developers (not for workstations, servers or mobile device types). There are three types of license: Single, Team and Site, which are intended for one, up to four and any number of programmers accordingly. For more information, please refer to
http://www.devart.com/dotconnect/oracle/ordering.html
and to the License Agreement, which is available in the Trial installation package.

Claudia

Post by Claudia » Mon 22 Feb 2010 18:43

Thank you a lot.