Object Reference not set to an instance - License Info

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
devaron

Object Reference not set to an instance - License Info

Post by devaron » Fri 12 Feb 2010 22:58

Hi,
We just received our license information today for dotConnect Oracle. I un-installed the previous Version of the Trial and downloaded the latest (5.35). I'm trying to configure our license in Visual Studio using the Tools > Oracle -> License Information Dialog, but if receive and "Object Reference not set to an instance" Error Prompt, then a Blank License Information Page. Please help. I'm against a tight timeline to get our product into Test. I can also, no longer run my app locally because I get a "Trial period has expired" now.

Visual Studio 2008 Team System SP1 / .NET 3.5 SP1

Thanks
Devaron

StanislavK
Devart Team

Post by StanislavK » Mon 15 Feb 2010 09:18

Thank you for your report. This is a known issue in the case when at some moment the solution had no projects but a solution folder with some files. We will fix this problem in the nearest build. Please specify if you are encountering the problem in some other scenario.

As a workaround, you may add the license manually. Please see the Licensing topic of our help for more information:
http://www.devart.com/dotconnect/oracle ... nsing.html