Oracle Advanced Queuing - async mode

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
dgd

Oracle Advanced Queuing - async mode

Post by dgd » Mon 07 Dec 2009 02:32

I am trying to implement some C# sharp using Oracle Advanced Queuing. I am prototyping a service bus and I would to test the async delivery feature.

If I run the "Simple Example of Point-to-Multipoint Messaging" sample in "Advanced Queuing Technology Support" help section, I get an unhandled OracleException "ORA-24315: illegal attribute type".

the stack trace is
at Devart.Data.Oracle.an.b(Int32 A_0)
at Devart.Data.Oracle.OracleQueue.b(IntPtr A_0, IntPtr A_1, IntPtr A_2, UInt32 A_3, IntPtr A_4, UInt32 A_5)
at Devart.Data.Oracle.OracleQueue.a(IntPtr A_0, IntPtr A_1, IntPtr A_2, UInt32 A_3, IntPtr A_4, UInt32 A_5)

In the sample, the exception occurs on the line:
System.Threading.Thread.Sleep(5000);

I have tried a few variations on the sample, but always get the same error. All the other samples work fine, it is only when I set AsyncNotification I get the error.

I am running Oracle 10.1.0.2. Oracle Connection v 5.25.49.0.

Any ideas? I am not an AQ expert.

StanislavK
Devart Team

Post by StanislavK » Mon 07 Dec 2009 12:24

Unfortunately, we couldn't reproduce the error.

If you've made any changes in the sample, please send us a test project.

Otherwise, please note that the sample is a multi-threaded application and the error most likely occurs in threads invoking the getMessageData function.

Besides, please specify if 10.1.0.2 is the version of your Oracle client, Oracle DBMS or both.

dgd

Post by dgd » Tue 08 Dec 2009 02:05

When I posted yeterday, I was running it wth client and DBMS version 10.1.0.2.

I retried it with client 11.1.0.7.20, DBMS 10.1.0.2 and it worked OK.

Can you please confirm what client and DBMS version you tested it under.

Does Devart have any recommendations about what client version to use (assuming it is a client only issue)?

Could you also please supply me with the exact code you used for testing. The code in the sample is really just a snippet, not a full working example.

Thanks

StanislavK
Devart Team

Post by StanislavK » Wed 09 Dec 2009 15:24

1) I've tested the sample with Oracle client and DBMS version 11.

2) Please provide us your email address so that I'd be able to send you the exact project.

3) We recommend our customers to use the latest version of the Oracle client.

4) To check whether code in the sample works you should check if the message sent to the server returns to the subscribed event.