deployment problem again

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
mpovidlov

deployment problem again

Post by mpovidlov » Fri 23 Oct 2009 03:04

I am trying to deploy an application on a shared drive of our intranet.
I am using Entity Framework with Oracle.
I added the config file with this:

Code: Select all

I checked that the licenses.licx file has correct version. I copied Devart.Data.Dll (ver. 5.0.7.0)
Devart.Data.Oracle.dll (5.25.42.0)
Devart.Data.Oracle.Entities.dll(5.25.42.0)
I also added two XML files generated by compiler (Devart.Data.xml Devart.Data.Oracle.xml ), though they refer to Devart.Data of version 5.0.1.0.
When I start a program on a computer with Oracle installed, it just hangs...
It was hanging before and I found that the license file was from wrong version (which is frustrating without getting any message), I fixed that and it started to work. This time (with yet newer version of dotConnect) this trick does not help anymore. What am I missing?
Thanks

Update:
The program works from the local drive without Devart installed (the client 's machine). When I run it from the shared drive, it hangs (badly, need to restart computer) on this line:

contextInstance = new Entities( ConnectString );
                    contextInstance.Connection.Open(); <---hangs indefinitely
When run from the local directory, it produces Symantec's Antivirus message about blocking program access to a network, though it reads everything from the database successfully.
There is no problem when I use the context in a usual way:

var context = new Entities();
var q = from a in context.Table1 select a;
It also runs from the shared drive on a computer with dotConnect installed.

AndreyR
Devart Team

Post by AndreyR » Tue 27 Oct 2009 11:09

Could you please attach the hanging process with an instance of Visual Studio and post here the Call Stack of the error?