oracleParameter.Value error

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
tsv

oracleParameter.Value error

Post by tsv » Mon 10 Aug 2009 13:49

Hello.

I have the same problem as described here http://www.devart.com/forums/viewtopic. ... raclevalue.

I've found that when I do some changes into my project (usually it's form design) Visual Studio add the next code (marked with bold font) into Designer.cs file:

oracleParameter1.ArrayLength = 0;
oracleParameter1.ObjectTypeName = null;
oracleParameter1.OracleDbType = Devart.Data.Oracle.OracleDbType.Clob;
oracleParameter1.ParameterName = "P_WARES_DATA";
oracleParameter1.Precision = ((byte)(0));
oracleParameter1.Scale = ((byte)(0));
oracleParameter1.Size = 0;
oracleParameter1.Value = ((object)(resources.GetObject("oracleParameter1.Value"))); <-- this string thrown an exception
---------------------------
Microsoft Visual Studio
Code generation for property 'OracleValue' failed. Error was: 'Property accessor 'OracleValue' on object 'Devart.Data.Oracle.OracleParameter' threw the following exception:'Specified method is not supported.''
ОК
Ususally it add's randomized to three parameters.

To run program correctly I must delete them and then build. If I don't do it it thrown me "DBNull.Value" exception and application don't run correctly.

I'm using .NET CF 2.0, Visual Studio 2005, dotConnect Mobile for Oracle 5.0.20.2 (in VS2008 it happens rarely)

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Wed 12 Aug 2009 13:45

We cannot reproduce the mentioned issue with the latest version of dotConnect Mobile for Oracle. Please upgrade to the 5.25.39.2 version. If the problem persists there too, please specify the exact steps which result in adding the wrong code to the *.Designer.cs file.