Licence expired

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
fred766

Licence expired

Post by fred766 » Thu 23 Jul 2009 15:11

I'm trying out the dotConnect for Oracle for Compact Framewort. As I try to debug the application I always get an exception when calling Open of the OracleConnection-Class. The message is "Sorry, your trial period has expired", but my test period has just begun. I tried to compile the licence file manually but this doesn't help. What to do now ?

Fred.

AndreyR
Devart Team

Post by AndreyR » Fri 24 Jul 2009 10:45

Please try to synchronize the time of your mobile device with the time on your PC.
Let me know if the problem persists.

fred766

Post by fred766 » Tue 08 Sep 2009 14:37

Thanks for your answer. Meanwhile I was on holiday so I could not try out the solution. Now I have bought the full license of dotConnect for Mobile. If I connect to oracle I get the following exception:

License was not compiled with Trial edition of dotConnect for Oracle. Reinstall dotConnect for Oracle, clear all temporary files, and recompile the application.

I reinstalled dotConnect but nothing has changed. Time on the mobile client is synchronized. Do you have any suggestions ?

Edit: I've seen that my version is 5.20.29.2. How do I get the new version?

Fred

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Wed 09 Sep 2009 11:10

1. To upgrade to the latest version of dotConnect for Oracle Mobile, please use the credentials (URL, account name and password) that were sent to you after the purchase of our product. If you didn't receive it, please contact our sales department (sales at devart.com).

2. The license error issue. Have you tried to delete all files from the bin and obj folders of your project, and to recompile it? Does the problem persist with the newly created projects?
For more information, please refer to http://www.devart.com/dotconnect/oracle ... nsing.html .