Licensing / Nightly build process

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
jp.gouigoux

Licensing / Nightly build process

Post by jp.gouigoux » Wed 24 Jun 2009 14:54

I am currently trying to fit your component into our build system, and have a question on licence.

Generally speaking, we create a .licence file from the .licx, using lc.exe, and then the .licence file is the one included in CVS and compiled by the build. If I try to do this with OraDirect, it works fine for ASP.NET, but the administration module (a WinForms application) that also uses the class library that points to your component throws the following :

Devart.Data.Oracle.OracleException: Assembly that contains embedded dotConnect for Oracle license cannot be used with this application: MGDIS.Administration.exe.

Do this mean we have to deliver an App_Licence.dll with the ASP.NET part of the solution and include a .licence in the MGDIS.Administration.exe ? Or is there still a way to simply include the licence in our AglNETDB class library that is used from both ?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Thu 25 Jun 2009 10:02

Please create the licenses.licx and licenses.config files in the class library project and add the MGDIS.Administration.exe entry to licenses.config. This should resolve the issue. Please refer to http://www.devart.com/dotconnect/oracle ... nsing.html , the Class Libraries Support part.

So, add the license to the class library project as described above, generate App_Licence.dll for your web project, the WinForms application doesn't need any license resources because it uses the Devart assemblies via class library, and its name (MGDIS.Administration.exe) is placed on a separate line in licenses.config file of the class library project.

bartdk

Post by bartdk » Fri 19 Aug 2011 11:57

After finishing all steps from your documentation, I still receive following error : "Assembly that contains embedded dotConnect for Oracle license cannot be used with this application: xyz.abc.dll"

How can I debug this issue ?
We already have lost more than 3 days on the licensing issues of devart, ...

StanislavK
Devart Team

Post by StanislavK » Mon 22 Aug 2011 16:28

Could you please specify the content of the licenses.licx and licenses.config files? If possible, please send us a small project with which this issue can be reproduced.