OracleDataSource - SqlCacheDependency error

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
fbenavidesd

OracleDataSource - SqlCacheDependency error

Post by fbenavidesd » Wed 27 May 2009 12:30

I'm using the Oradirect/OracleDataSource visual component. I'm connecting to an Oracle 9i server, but I could also work with a Oracle 11g. The component works very good; but when I try to use the SqlCacheDependency it fails.

If I put the oracle esquema name and the table name at the SqlCacheDependency "esquema1:table1" this is the error:

The 'esquema1:table1' SqlDependency attribute for OutputCache directive is invalid.

Detailed error message: Cannot find the 'esquema1' database in the configuration.

If I put just the table name at the sqlcachedependency "table1" this is the error:
The 'table1' SqlDependency attribute for OutputCache directive is invalid.

For SQL Server 7.0 and SQL Server 2000, the valid format is "database:tablename", and table name must conform to the format of regular identifiers in SQL. To specify multiple pairs of values, use the ';' separator between pairs. (To specify ':', '\ or ';', prefix it with the '\ escape character.)

I need help with that. I'm I using something wrong? Do I have to write that diferent? Does the sqlcachedependecy doesn't works with an Oracle Server?

thanks for any help you can give me

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Thu 28 May 2009 15:00

The SqlCacheDependency class is designed to work with SQL Server only.

fbenavidesd

OracleDatasource SqlCacheDependency

Post by fbenavidesd » Thu 28 May 2009 17:26

Shalex wrote:The SqlCacheDependency class is designed to work with SQL Server only.
Thanks for your clarification. But just for be sure that you understand me , the SqlCacheDependency that I'm refering is the one that apears as a option in the Properties Windows of the OracleDatasource Component in Design Time in the Visual Studio 2008, that's why I was thinking that it should work with oracle, or maybe that property shouldn't be available.

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Tue 02 Jun 2009 10:38

Thank you for the report. We will investigate this issue. Probably, this property will be excluded from the list of the OracleDataSource properties in the future versions of dotConnect for Oracle.

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Mon 13 Jul 2009 11:27

We will not remove the SqlCacheDependency property because it can be set via MsSql in our OracleDataSource. The right syntax is "SCOTTBD:EMP" where SCOTTBD is the record in the system.web/caching/sqlCacheDependency section.