OracleDataSource

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
degas

OracleDataSource

Post by degas » Wed 25 Feb 2009 14:25

Hi i am using OracleDataSource for ASP.NET. I tried simple select with no parameters and works fine but when i add a select to de DataSource i get an error saying "Record count command was not prepared".

Here is my aspx code:

"
OldValuesParameterFormatString="Original_{0}" DataPagingMode="Auto"
SelectCommand="SELECT * FROM DESPACHO.NTC_NOMINACION WHERE (DESPACHO.NTC_NOMINACION.ID_CLIENTE = :idCliente)"
onselected="OracleDataSource1_Selected"
onselecting="OracleDataSource1_Selecting" EnableCaching="True"
ondatabinding="OracleDataSource1_DataBinding" oninit="OracleDataSource1_Init"
onload="OracleDataSource1_Load"
ProviderName="">

Here is the StackTrace:
Error de servidor en la aplicación '/DegNet'.
Record count command was not prepared.
Descripción: Excepción no controlada al ejecutar la solicitud Web actual. Revise el seguimiento de la pila para obtener más información acerca del error y dónde se originó en el código.

Detalles de la excepción: System.InvalidOperationException: Record count command was not prepared.

Error de código fuente:

Se ha generado una excepción no controlada durante la ejecución de la solicitud Web actual. La información sobre el origen y la ubicación de la excepción pueden identificarse utilizando la excepción del seguimiento de la pila siguiente.

Seguimiento de la pila:

[InvalidOperationException: Record count command was not prepared.]
Devart.Common.Web.DbSqlDataSourceView.a() +118
Devart.Common.Web.DbSqlDataSourceView.ExecuteSelect(DataSourceSelectArguments arguments) +74
System.Web.UI.DataSourceView.Select(DataSourceSelectArguments arguments, DataSourceViewSelectCallback callback) +19
System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataBoundControl.PerformSelect() +142
System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataBoundControl.DataBind() +73
System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridView.DataBind() +4
System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataBoundControl.EnsureDataBound() +82
System.Web.UI.WebControls.CompositeDataBoundControl.CreateChildControls() +72
System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +87
System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +44
System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +171
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +842

Información de versión: Versión de Microsoft .NET Framework:2.0.50727.3082; Versión ASP.NET:2.0.50727.3082

I am using VS 2008 and Net Framework 3.5 on Windows XP. I really need help fast. I have seen the sample projects but i get the same problem when there a SessionParameter

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Thu 26 Feb 2009 11:10

I've checked the 5.0.22 version of dotConnect for Oracle. Here is my code:

Code: Select all

But I cannot reproduce the mentioned problem with the where clause in the select command.

1. Please specify the version (x.x.x) of dotConnect for Oracle you are using.
2. Could you please send us (support*devart*com, write a topic for your e-mail "OracleDataSource issue") a small test project that reproduces the problem? Please include the definitions of the database objects and avoid using third-party components.
We will investigate the issue and notify you about the results as soon as possible.