Problem with Install - Vista x64?

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
KarlZ

Problem with Install - Vista x64?

Post by KarlZ » Tue 10 Feb 2009 22:59

1st Install Attempt
I get Title:"Critical error" Message: "AN error occured while installing main application assembly." I'm on a Dell M4400 with Visual Studio 2008 SP1 and a Solid State Hard drive.

2nd Attempt
I uninstalled and tried again...
I see a "Program" file on my C: drive. In there is the following:
--- start ---
ProductID value was not found.
ឦថភភកឋទឧថឌញខឫថឈជកភ, InstallDate or RegisteredOwner value either doesn't exist or has invalid type.
Failed to obtain machine key!
ឦថភភកឋទឧថឌញខឫថឈជកភ, InstallDate or RegisteredOwner value either doesn't exist or has invalid type.
--- end ---
The creation of that file seems to be coincident with my installation of DevArts Oracle Connector. Is there something about this file that works differently with Vista x64 or with a Solid State Drive?

3rd Attempt
I uninstalled and tried again... (to verify my suspicions)

OK... I removed the Program file from C:\ after I uninstalled DevArt dotConnect for Oracle.
I then went through the install again (as Administrator by right clicking and choosing "Run as Administrator" on the install file) and the Program file came back with these contents:
--- start ---
--- end ---

Not sure what is going on, but I hope that is enough to help you determine the issue. I would like to install it to evaluate.

Thanks,
Karl Z
Last edited by KarlZ on Thu 12 Feb 2009 12:34, edited 1 time in total.

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Wed 11 Feb 2009 09:06

Thank you for the report.
We will investigate the problem and notify you about the results as soon as possible.

KarlZ

More information...

Post by KarlZ » Wed 11 Feb 2009 20:47

A collegue at work has the same issue. We both have Vista x64. Pretty much everything else is different.
The real issue now appears to be that we get a message stating the trial period has expired. A third person running XP x64 has everything working fine.

I hope that helps the trouble shooting.

Thanks,
Karl

rogerp

Post by rogerp » Thu 12 Feb 2009 12:00

I can confirm I also get the same issue trying to install this onto a Vista x64 machine.

-r

Alladin

Post by Alladin » Fri 13 Feb 2009 18:32

I can confirm that I dont have this issue with Windows 7 build 7000 x64

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Fri 27 Feb 2009 08:09

The bug with the Trial edition on Windows Vista x64 is fixed. But the problem persists in public builds that are available on our site now. Please send us (support*devart*com, write the topic "dotConnect for Oracle with Windows Vista x64 fix") a request, and we will send you the Trial version with the fix personally by e-mail.