Schema name in commands of dataset

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
matthieu de graaf

Schema name in commands of dataset

Post by matthieu de graaf » Mon 26 Jan 2009 09:36

Hi,

I'm creating datasets with dotConnect for Oracle with the dataset wizard. The dataset wizard generates commands with the Oracle schema name included. This is annoying because the schema name in my develop, test en product environments differ. Now I have to manually change the commands.

It would be nice to have a checkbox in the dataset wizard, which determines wether schema names are generated in the command.

Regards,

Matthieu de Graaf

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Mon 26 Jan 2009 11:12

We will investigate this issue and notify you about the results as soon as possible.

mjhillman

schema name in command

Post by mjhillman » Thu 29 Jan 2009 16:35

I have a similar problem. When executing a query against Oracle I find that I must prefix the table name with the schema name. Is there a way to identify the schema in the connection string?

"user id=mike;pwd=wouldntyouliketoknow;data source=10.10.2.110;direct=True;sid=ORCL;port=1521;connect timeout=15;Persist Security Info=False;"

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Fri 30 Jan 2009 15:54

You specify the schema name when setting the user name (user1). If you want to access to the table of another user (user2), use the synonym that will be used by user1 for working with the table of user2.

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: Schema name in commands of dataset

Post by Shalex » Tue 06 Aug 2013 07:59

You can avoid generating schema prefix with Devart DataSet Wizard in the following way:
Tools > Oracle > DataSet Wizard > ... go through the wizard till the "Setup individual data tables" step:
1. Select a particular table in the "Data tables" window and press the "Configure commands" button
2. Remove schema prefix in Select Text
3. Open "Command Generator" tab, clear the "Use schema name" checkbox, press "Generate Commands" > OK

Repeat steps 1,2,3 for all tables.