Enh.Req. Connecting to Oracle using a secure connection(SSH)

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
mrbig

Enh.Req. Connecting to Oracle using a secure connection(SSH)

Post by mrbig » Tue 30 Dec 2008 22:17

I have some users of our software who need to use it from the internet, and I use to pack a cygwin ssh client within the deployment package and include a no password public key within the package. When the user starts the application, our application creates a secure connection to our internet gateway server and creates a tunnel trough ssh to Oracle.

I really do not like the solution. There are no password on the keyfile and therefore I’m actually giving everyone access to nearly everything on the internal network because I not able to incorporate the usage of ssh inside our application.

If the ssh protocol was implemented in the connection level of dotConnect for Oracle then I have an easy and pretty secure way to provide access to our server without the security risks I’m currently having. Of cause this feature gives only meaning when dotConnect for Oracle is running in direct mode.

It really will solve a lot for me, and therefore I have posted this as an enhancement request.

Best regards,
/Klaus

AndreyR
Devart Team

Post by AndreyR » Wed 31 Dec 2008 11:46

We will investigate the possibility of adding this feature. I will let you know about the results.

AndreyR
Devart Team

Post by AndreyR » Mon 05 Jan 2009 10:26

We are not planning to add this feature in the near future. Sorry for the inconvinience.