mobile client - Timeout, Server not responding

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
gmcolletti

mobile client - Timeout, Server not responding

Post by gmcolletti » Fri 12 Dec 2008 19:04

Using dotConnect for Oracle 5.00 Mobile Trial
I drop an OracleConnection (5.0.12.1) object on my form, configure the connection like this:

"User Id=pny;Password=mis;Server=192.168.1.99;Sid=orcl;
Port=1521;Persist Security Info=True;"

Connected a dataadapter to it and even read some data.
On the mobile device however ( WinCe 4.2 ) I call OracleConnection.Open() and get a exception with message 'Timeout, server not responding'.

Am I not doing something right?

thanks

gmcolletti

Worked once, then more wierdness

Post by gmcolletti » Sat 13 Dec 2008 04:39

Creted a new project for the heck of it.
It worked... ONCE, when the device was in it's cradle.

Had to cold boot my device, and after getting everything set up again, got the message 'trial has expired' on the open command. I installed the trial yesterday!

Out of despiration, I went ahead and purchased dotconnect Mobile, uninstalled trial, installed regiestered version and now I'm back to 'Timeout' network not responding.

Please, Devart I need some help here!!!!

AndreyR
Devart Team

Post by AndreyR » Mon 15 Dec 2008 09:12

Please add the "Direct=true;" parameter to your connection string, like

Code: Select all

"Direct=true;User Id=pny;Password=mis;Server=192.168.1.99;Sid=orcl; 
Port=1521;Persist Security Info=True;"

gmcolletti

getsockopt or setsockopt call

Post by gmcolletti » Fri 19 Dec 2008 03:03

I have switched to a CE5.0 device with CF3.5 and uninstalled, deleted all traces of DotConnect, then re-installed. This is DotConnect Mobile 5 licensed version in VS 2008 and a VB app.

I created a single form project with an OracleConnection Object.
In the properties dialog of the connection object my string is:

User Id=pny;Password=mis;Server=192.168.1.99;Sid=orcl;Persist Security Info=True;

If I add the Direct=True, I get a
'Property not valid' dialog with 'Unknown connection string parameter Direct.'
If I try to modify the connectionstring at runtime, I get the same Unknown connection string parameter Direct. exception.

If I deploy and run, and attempt to open the connection I get an exception :
Network error:: An unknown, invalid, or unsupported option or level was specified in a getsockopt or setsockopt call

Here is my VS 2008 output window:

'TST2.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'c:\Program Files\Microsoft.NET\SDK\CompactFramework\v3.5\Debugger\BCL\mscorlib.dll'
'TST2.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'c:\dotnet\datatoolz\gaps\gapsoracletest\TST2\TST2\bin\debug\TST2.exe', Symbols loaded.
'TST2.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'c:\Program Files\Microsoft.NET\SDK\CompactFramework\v3.5\Debugger\BCL\System.Windows.Forms.dll'
'TST2.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'c:\Program Files\Microsoft.NET\SDK\CompactFramework\v3.5\Debugger\BCL\System.dll'
'TST2.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'c:\Program Files\Microsoft.NET\SDK\CompactFramework\v3.5\Debugger\BCL\System.Drawing.dll'
'TST2.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'c:\program files\microsoft.net\sdk\compactframework\v3.5\windowsce\Devart.Data.Oracle.dll'
'TST2.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'c:\Program Files\Microsoft.NET\SDK\CompactFramework\v3.5\Debugger\BCL\System.Data.dll'
'TST2.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'c:\Program Files\Microsoft.NET\SDK\CompactFramework\v3.5\Debugger\BCL\Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll'

At this point I open the connection

'TST2.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'System.SR.dll'
A first chance exception of type 'System.Net.Sockets.SocketException' occurred in System.dll
The thread 0xef51824e has exited with code 0 (0x0).
A first chance exception of type 'System.Net.Sockets.SocketException' occurred in Devart.Data.Oracle.dll
A first chance exception of type 'Devart.Data.Oracle.OracleException' occurred in Devart.Data.Oracle.dll
A first chance exception of type 'Devart.Data.Oracle.OracleException' occurred in Devart.Data.Oracle.dll

AndreyR
Devart Team

Post by AndreyR » Fri 19 Dec 2008 07:25

Sorry for the inconvenience, the 5.0.12 build had this problem. Please download the current 5.0.16 build.