Trial with Express Edition ORA-12571

Trial with Express Edition ORA-12571

Postby chalucha » Tue 02 Dec 2008 14:55

Hello,
I have a problem with direct access to Oracle Express and sample codes for Entity framework.

When I use trial of OraDeveloper tools, I can access directly the server and tables are there (I ran the sql script for the samples)

I've no idea what is wrong here :(
chalucha
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue 02 Dec 2008 14:39

Postby AndreyR » Wed 03 Dec 2008 12:49

Please give a more detailed description of the error.
AndreyR
Devart Team
 
Posts: 2919
Joined: Mon 07 Jul 2008 13:16

Postby chalucha » Wed 03 Dec 2008 13:53

It is from LinqQueries example on line 208 - RefreshQuery method and this code
Code: Select all
dataGridView.DataSource = query.Query;


Stack:
Code: Select all
ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
   at xc.u.d()
   at Devart.Data.Oracle.be.b()
   at Devart.Data.Oracle.t.a(Int32 A_0, a1 A_1)
   at Devart.Data.Oracle.OracleCommand.a(CommandBehavior A_0, IDisposable A_1, Int32 A_2, Int32 A_3)
   at Devart.Common.DbCommandBase.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
   at System.Data.Common.DbCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
   at Devart.Data.Oracle.Entity.d.a.a(CommandBehavior A_0)
   at Devart.Data.Oracle.Entity.d.a.b(CommandBehavior A_0)
   at System.Data.Common.DbCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
   at System.Data.EntityClient.EntityCommandDefinition.ExecuteStoreCommands(EntityCommand entityCommand, CommandBehavior behavior)
chalucha
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue 02 Dec 2008 14:39

Postby chalucha » Wed 03 Dec 2008 14:25

I just tried this code with Devart.Data.Oracle to get the count of companies in database with the same connection parameters and it workded fine:

Code: Select all
OracleConnection con = new OracleConnection(
                "User Id=tcha;Password=pwd;Server=127.0.0.1;Direct=True" );
            con.Open();
            OracleCommand cmd = con.CreateCommand();
            cmd.CommandText = "select count(*) from \"Company\"";
chalucha
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue 02 Dec 2008 14:39

Postby AndreyR » Thu 04 Dec 2008 11:14

Please check that you have provided the correct SID (no one can be seen from your example).
Also make sure that the crm_demo.sql script was executed before - the described error is likely to be associated with it.
AndreyR
Devart Team
 
Posts: 2919
Joined: Mon 07 Jul 2008 13:16

Postby chalucha » Fri 05 Dec 2008 07:53

Hello, I am a newbie in the Oracle world, so it could be some stupid thing for sure :roll:

The steps I did was:
    - I have installed the Oracle Express 10g on the localhost and setup a user with all privileges via the oracle web UI
    - I have installed the latest FW 3.5 SP1 and SP1 for VisualStudio 2008
    - I have installed latest dotConnect for Oracle with full choice
    - I came to Samples/Oracle directory and loaded the script crm_demo via oracle UI and executed it succesfully (logged in as my new user)
    - When I browse the tables in oracle web UI, there are the Company, Order Details, Orders, etc. tables and the data in it, so it should be prepared for the entity samples
    - I openned the CSharp solution in entity samples folder and edited the app.config to make the right connection string in LinqQueries project as folows:
    Code: Select all
    provider connection string="User Id=tcha;Password=tcha;Server=localhost;Direct=True;Sid=XE;Port=1521"

    - I executed the sample and I get the describet exception: ORA-00942: table or view does not exist while loading All companies
    - So I tried to install the trial version of Ora Developer Tools
    - I tried to add 2 new connections with these connection strings:
    Code: Select all
    User Id=tcha;Password=tcha;Server=XE;Direct=False
    User Id=tcha;Password=tcha;Server=localhost;Direct=True;Sid=XE

    - Both are working well and I can see those tables (Company, Orders, etc. and browse the data in it)
    - When I try to modify the connection string in the samples, it allways ends up with the same error


So now I do not know what I have done wrong and how to solve it
chalucha
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue 02 Dec 2008 14:39

Postby chalucha » Fri 05 Dec 2008 08:04

Doh, now I get it working. It was the stupid thing - invalid scheme name, in XE, the scheme name is the same as the user name, so I got TCHA, instead of CRM_DEMO which is defined in edmx file.

Thanks for the help anyway, now I can try the product and make a decision to buy or not to buy :wink:
chalucha
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue 02 Dec 2008 14:39


Return to dotConnect for Oracle