Licensing problem in VS 2008

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
PatConnelly

Licensing problem in VS 2008

Post by PatConnelly » Wed 01 Oct 2008 20:22

I am trying to get the licensing straight on a web project.

I have a licenses.licx in the root directory of the project with CoreLab.Oracle.OracleConnection, CoreLab.Oracle in it.

I choose "Licensing Information..." from the Tools|Oracle menu and get a "Object Reference not set to an instance of an object".

I have tried this with the licenses.licx file selected, the project selected and the solution selected.

If I choose this option before loading the solution, I get the information box telling me that there are no projects with oradirect. (or something like that).

I am using OraDirect.NET Pro, version 4.75.43.0, and VS 2008 SP1.

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Thu 02 Oct 2008 11:16

We cannot reproduce the problem. As you say, you already have the liceses.licx file in the root directory of your project with "CoreLab.Oracle.OracleConnection, CoreLab.Oracle" in it. Please open context menu of this liceses.licx file in Solution Explorer and execute the Build Runtime Licenses command (it must be in the list of available options with this file). Refer to our documentation about licensing ASP.NET applications ( http://www.devart.com/oranet/docs/ , section "Licensing", part "Licensing ASP.NET Applications).

Run 2 instances of Visual Studio. Open your web project in one of them and run it. In the second VS choose the appropriate options:
1. Debug | Exceptions... Check the Thrown property of Common Language Runtime Exceptions. Press OK button.
2. Tools | Options, section "Debugging", part "General". Uncheck "Enable Just My Code (Managed Only)". Press OK button.
3. Choose Debug | Attach to Process..., select the process of your web sever.
After these settings the second VS will get the exceptions that will be thrown by the first. Just press Debug | Break All or Debug | Stop Debbuging and you will see the Call Stack.

Please send us this Call Stack where NRE occurs (with code in our assemblies). A small test project to reproduce the problem will be also appreciated.