Oradirect with WPF

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
matthieu de graaf

Oradirect with WPF

Post by matthieu de graaf » Mon 01 Sep 2008 19:49

Hi,

I'm working with Oradirect 4.75.40.0 with MS Visual Studio 2008.

I'm trying to creat a simple WPF form bounded to Oracle data via Oradirect

My approach is the following

1) Create a strongly typed dataset with a datatable (OraDirect style, option "use provider specific code generator is checked" is used in dataset wizard.

2) Load the data in the datatable in the Window_Loaded event
myDataset.MY_TABLE.Active = true

3) Set the datacontext of my stackpanel containing the text input items to myDataset.myDataTable

e.g

4) What property of the myDataTable do I use for the binding?
I tried binding to the myColumncolumn property of the myDataset.MY_TABLE but this doesn't work

Can you show me where I went wrong?

A little example of Oradirect with WPF would be appreciated. All the samples provided now are windows forms examples.

Regards,

Matthieu de Graaf

matthieu de graaf

Issue solved

Post by matthieu de graaf » Thu 04 Sep 2008 06:59

Hi Everybody,

Solved the issue myself.

First of all in step 3 you can only set the datacontext in XAML if you've defined your dataset as a resource (e.g. in the window.resources section)
Unfortunately, the datatable is a inner class of the dataset. I haven't found a way to define a resource referring to an inner class. That's why I've set the datacontext in C# in the loaded event of the Window e.g. this.dataContext = myDataset.MY_TABLE;

In step 4 you refer to the properties of the datatable which have the same name as the columns in your database table.

Matthieu