Problem with ASP.NET + OraDirect application deployment

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
torely

Problem with ASP.NET + OraDirect application deployment

Post by torely » Mon 18 Aug 2008 04:30

I have a problem with ASP.NET + OraDirect application deployment with IIS. When I try to browse my page there an error Can not load Oracle client. Check your PATH environment variable and registry settings raised. If try to run the application in VS 2005 everything works fine. I've read some topics here and applied your suggestions. It has no effect. Should I apply patch to my Oracle client or there are another ways to solve this problem?

Here is description of my environments:
  • Windows 2003 Server SP2
    IIS 6.0
    Framework v2.0.50727
    OraDirect 4.50
    Oracle 9.2.0.1 (server and client)
Variables are:
OraHome92 - e:\oracle\ora92\bin
Path - C:\Program Files\Support Tools\;C:\Inprise\vbroker\bin;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\system32\WBEM;e:\oracle\ora92\bin;C:\Program Files\Oracle\jre\1.3.1\bin;C:\Program Files\Oracle\jre\1.1.8\bin;c:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Borland\StarTeam SDK 2005 R2\Lib;C:\Program Files\Borland\StarTeam SDK 2005 R2\Bin;C:\PROGRA~1\Borland\Delphi6\Bin;C:\PROGRA~1\Borland\Delphi6\Projects\Bpl

Oracle installed on disk E (e.g. oci.dll could be found in e:\oracle\ora92\bin folder)

Reester key:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE\ALL_HOMES]
"HOME_COUNTER"="1"
"DEFAULT_HOME"="OraHome92"
"LAST_HOME"="0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE\ALL_HOMES\ID0]
"NAME"="OraHome92"
"PATH"="E:\oracle\ora92"
"NLS_LANG"="NA"

Please help me to solve this problem cause I already have no idea what to do.

Regards, torely.

torely

Post by torely » Mon 18 Aug 2008 09:28

After patching Oracle from 9.2.0.1 to 9.2.0.8 all troubles were solved.

Thanks to all Devart team for greate product! :)