.NET C# Console Application

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
KenMyers

.NET C# Console Application

Post by KenMyers » Tue 29 Apr 2008 13:14

I was wondering if anyone has an example of a c# console application that includes information on how to handle licensing. I have also sent a request directly to CoreLab, but thought I would ask the community. I have tested the samples and they are working fine, but now I would like to create the applications that persuaded me to purchase OraDirect. I have read the help file, but it is not clear to me how/why the licensing works the way it does. I think a quick example would help quite a bit. The WinForms and ASP.NET examples are good, but what about console and/or class library examples?

Thank you.

KenMyers

Thank You

Post by KenMyers » Tue 29 Apr 2008 17:47

Thank you. I figured it out.

Alexey.mdr

Post by Alexey.mdr » Wed 30 Apr 2008 13:19

The topic is covered in "Licensing" section.
You may be required to manually add license. It is necessary for console applications, class libraries and existing projects initially built with OraDirect .NET version that did not use component licensing, that is, 3.00 and older. In this case perform the following steps:
  • Create a file named licenses.licx, if this file does not exist yet.
  • Open the file with a text editor and place this line inside:
    CoreLab.Oracle.OracleConnection, CoreLab.Oracle
  • Save the file and add it to your project.
  • Make sure it is embedded as a resource.
If IDE fails to compile the license automatically you can do it yourself as described in section Compiling License Manually.