License not found. Please view "Licensing" topic....

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
Thomas Hoekstra

License not found. Please view "Licensing" topic....

Post by Thomas Hoekstra » Wed 02 Apr 2008 13:49

Hi.

I' experiencing problems with my OraDirect.Net installation.

I have already uninstalled and reinstalled OraDirect.Net. I have downloaded the most recent 3.x Version from your website (3.55.25.0). To verify, that the license information is valid, I created a new WindowsForms application and added an OracleConnection from the toolbox.
The licenses.licx file was automatically updated with the following line:

CoreLab.Oracle.OracleConnection, CoreLab.Oracle, Version=3.55.25.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=09af7300eec23701

VisualStudio 2005 then shows a MessageBox, saying that the license was not found…

How can I fix this ?

Regards,

Thomas

P.S.
I do have a Version 4 License as well, but it is not installed on this machine, and I don't want to use it there, too. So, Updating to Version 4 is not an option.

Alexey.mdr

Post by Alexey.mdr » Wed 02 Apr 2008 14:52

This means that license information was found but it is incorrect. It usually happens in the following cases:
  • The project was earlier compiled with old or trial version of data provider.
  • File licenses.config used by a class library does not refer to launched executable.
  • The App_Licenses.dll belongs to other application or needs to be recompiled.
    Something's wrong with the operating system or installation of OraDirect .NET.
If you encounter this problem delete all files from obj folder and rebuild the project.
If this does not help send to our support address small compiled binary with sources so we can investigate the problem detailed.

Thomas Hoekstra

Post by Thomas Hoekstra » Wed 02 Apr 2008 15:48

It's not as easy... unfortunately.
The project was earlier compiled with old or trial version of data provider.
If you encounter this problem delete all files from obj folder and rebuild the project.

To eliminate problems related to earlier builds and old obj files, I created a new project:

I start VS2005, create a new WindowsApplication and drop an OracleConnection from the toolbox to the Form.

There is no class library involved, hence it is no licenses.config problem.

App_Licenses.dll is for ASP.Net, (right?) so, this can't be the solution, as well...
"Something's wrong with the operating system or installation of OraDirect .NET."
Yes, I think, it is an installation problem. What exactly do you need, to investigate the problem? The folder of the new Project? Or anything else?

Thanks in advance,

Thomas

Thomas Hoekstra

Post by Thomas Hoekstra » Thu 03 Apr 2008 08:30

I was able to work around the licensing problem, because it only affects the designer... The compiled program works fine.

I will update to Version 4 after the current project is finished.

Alexey.mdr

Post by Alexey.mdr » Thu 03 Apr 2008 16:18

I have replied you by email.
We suggest the bug is connected with the OS installed on the machine.