[OracleException] Unable to execute application

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
KentKWK

[OracleException] Unable to execute application

Post by KentKWK » Tue 18 Mar 2008 05:07

Hello.

FYI, I encounter this error whenever I tried to execute my application after I've installed OraDirect.NET 4.50.30.

"Assembly that contains embedded OraDirect.NET license cannot be used with this application: MyApp.exe. Please correct license information."

I have a class library that contains CoreLab Oracle 3.55 as its reference dll previously and I have added the class library as a reference dll in my application. Recently, I have updated my class library to contains CoreLab.Oracle 4.50 as its reference dll and I have updated my application to add the updated class library as new reference. The debugging seems to be fine but the error comes out when my application tries to open a connection. :shock:

Any idea on how to rectify this problem?

Help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sorry for the grammar and typo error :oops:

Alexey.mdr

Post by Alexey.mdr » Tue 18 Mar 2008 07:31

In case where it is impossible to put the license information straight to executable file, OraDirect .NET allows you to create class libraries that can be used with certain executable files. To do this perform the following steps:

Create and setup file named licenses.licx as described above.
Create a text file named licenses.config and place it next to licenses.licx.
In this file enumerate names of executable files that will work with the library, every file name on separate line, for example:

MyApplication.exe
MyAnotherApp.exe
ExtraTool.exe

KentKWK

Post by KentKWK » Wed 19 Mar 2008 00:57

Thanks for the feedback. I'll try to see if it works :)

However, this problem only occurs to certain applications, other applications which refer to the class library as stated works without error.

So, I just curious why some applications may hit that error while some not. :?

Thanks again for the feedback, your help is greatly appreciated. :D

Alexey.mdr

Post by Alexey.mdr » Wed 19 Mar 2008 08:24

Probably some applications use embedded resource (licenses.licx) and
have direct references to the CoreLab.* libraries. While other applications use only user-defined class library.
Did it help you to solve the problem?

KentKWK

Post by KentKWK » Wed 19 Mar 2008 08:42

Thank for the clarification.

By the way, my application works fine now. Thanks :D

Alexey.mdr

Post by Alexey.mdr » Wed 19 Mar 2008 09:03

That's nice!
Don't hesitate if you have any questions or concerns about any Core Lab products.
Happy Programming!