Visual Studio 2008 Prof. Bug

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
Will Smith

No Ora for Entity Data Model Wizard

Post by Will Smith » Wed 27 Feb 2008 04:58

I am having this problem on EF Beta3 and OraDirect 4.35.29. The Entity Data Model Wizard only show Sql Server in the list. And when I try to compile the edmx as is, I get a build error regarding the connection string.

The documentation says something about putting the connection string in the app config. But I think the format is incorrect. Also, I shouldn't have to worry about if if the Data Model wizard worked properly.

All that said, it would be nice if I could run the EDM wizard in reference to a specific project where it would automatically add the connection string and the edmx file to the project.

But first, I seem to be stuck and cannot get my entities to work because of the Data Model Wizard bug. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Will

Alexey.mdr

Post by Alexey.mdr » Wed 27 Feb 2008 11:02

Please download and install the new build of OraDirect .NET.
Follow step-by-step instructions for adding an Entity data model to your project in
%Program Files%CoreLab\OraDirect.NET2\Entity\ReadMe.html

Additionally, please run our Entity Framework demo projects.

Will Smith

Post by Will Smith » Wed 27 Feb 2008 14:40

Is the Validate action supported. I get the following warning when I build...

Warning: Connection type is not specified, model will be validated using a SQL Server connection.

Alexey.mdr

Post by Alexey.mdr » Thu 28 Feb 2008 16:27

We reproduced the error and now we are working on this issue.
We'll greatly improve Visual Studio 2008 DDEX and Entity Framework interaction in the next build,
which is planned to issue in three weeks.