Odp.NET

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
aviad

Odp.NET

Post by aviad » Wed 21 Nov 2007 17:40

Hi,

I didn’t understand yet, do I need oracle provider (odp.NET) installation when I’m using Oradirect.NET?

I tried to run some of your OraDirect.NET samples and I get:
Cannot obtain Oracle client information from registry. Check if Oracle client software installed.

If I need oracle provider installation, can you please tell me what the deployment of the oracle provider involves?

Thanks

Aviad

Paul

Post by Paul » Thu 22 Nov 2007 10:32

This message means that you have to install Oracle client on your computer. It is possible to choose minimal installation configuration, without ODP.
You can connect to Oracle server without Oracle client software if you choose Direct mode in the connect dialog in OraDirect .NET samples

sfk

Post by sfk » Fri 14 Dec 2007 13:32

Hi everybody!

I got the same error message on VISTA when I try to connect to my Oracle database in direct mode.

The same application connects without any problems from an XP workstation, the error is showed only on Vista.

My connectionstring looks like the following:

"User Id=scott; Password=tiger; Server=MyServer; Unicode=True; Direct=True; Sid=orcl;"

I'd like to use ClickOnce and do not want to install Oracle Client on each workstation. And most of the workstations are running Vista.

Is there a way to fix this issue?

Thanks,
Frigyes

Paul

Post by Paul » Fri 14 Dec 2007 14:05

We cannot reproduce this problem with Direct=true connection. Can you provide a callstack where the error occures (including functions inside CoreLab.Oracle.dll). Please specify the version of OraDirect .NET.

sfk

Post by sfk » Fri 14 Dec 2007 14:40

The error stack is the following:

System.InvalidOperationException: Can not obtain Oracle client information from registry. Check if Oracle client software installed.
at CoreLab.Oracle.OracleHomeCollection.a()
at CoreLab.Oracle.OracleGlobalization.GetApplicationInfo(OracleGlobalization oraGlob)
at CoreLab.Oracle.OracleNumber.b(String A_0)
at CoreLab.Oracle.OracleNumber.Parse(String value)
at CoreLab.Oracle.OracleParameter.a(OracleDbType A_0, Object A_1, Byte[] A_2, Int32 A_3, Int32 A_4, Int32 A_5, Int32 A_6, Int32 A_7, Boolean A_8, Boolean A_9, OracleCommand A_10, ParameterDirection A_11, String A_12, be A_13, Boolean& A_14)
at CoreLab.Oracle.OracleParameter.a(b3& A_0, Boolean A_1, Boolean A_2, OracleCommand A_3, Byte[] A_4, be A_5, Boolean& A_6)
at CoreLab.Oracle.OracleCommand.a(Int32 A_0, OracleParameterCollection A_1, be A_2, Boolean& A_3)
at CoreLab.Oracle.OracleCommand.a(CommandBehavior A_0, IDisposable A_1, Int32 A_2, Int32 A_3)
at CoreLab.Common.DbCommandBase.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.Common.DbCommand.System.Data.IDbCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillInternal(DataSet dataset, DataTable[] datatables, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)
at CoreLab.Oracle.OracleDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet)
at oradirect.Form1.Form1_Shown(Object sender, EventArgs e)...

The CoreLab.Oracle.dll is v. 4.30.25.0
The CoreLab.Data.dll is v. 4.25.18.0

Trial version, we are in evaluation phase of your product.

Thanks,
Frigyes

ps:
I was wrong. I put some messages in the application and now I see it can open the connection (I can see the session in the databse), but can not fill the dataset.
Sorry!
Anyway, some help from you will be very appreciated. The same code works on XP without any problems.

Paul

Post by Paul » Fri 14 Dec 2007 15:07

Thank you for information. We reproduced your problem and fixed it. This fix will be included in the
next OraDirect .NET build.

sfk

Post by sfk » Fri 14 Dec 2007 15:13

Thank you very much!

When do you plan to release it?

Best Regards,
Frigyes

Paul

Post by Paul » Wed 19 Dec 2007 12:13

Please download OraDirect .NET from our site now