Concurrency Error & Retreive Default Value

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
franz_jp

Concurrency Error & Retreive Default Value

Post by franz_jp » Mon 27 Aug 2007 16:11

Hi there...

I'm using OraDirect .NET 3.55. I Have Some problem when developing.

1. When I'm using OracleDataTable and set InsertCommand, UpdateCommand and DeleteCommand together using my OracleCommandBuilder, and I 'm calling Update method a SystemNullRefference Exception is Occured... Why This Happen? But when I'm only set Update Command the update method is successfuly exceuted

2. I'm getting Concurrency Error when using Oracle Command Builder and OracleDataTable that said 0 Row Updated 1 Expected

3. How can I Retrieve the default value in OracleDataTable that have been set in Oracle Table

4. Is there any other way to AddRelation using OracleDataTable beside using dataset?

5. Why OracleCommandBuilder always generate UpdateCommand with WHERE clause is not only the Primary Key for UpdatingRecord. It's always generate all field for WHERE clause. In ODAC if I'm not wrong it is using RowID for WHERE clause.

Thanks for your Support...
Please Help because My Project Is Stuck... :?

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Tue 28 Aug 2007 12:34

1. When I'm using OracleDataTable and set InsertCommand, UpdateCommand and DeleteCommand together using my OracleCommandBuilder, and I 'm calling Update method a SystemNullRefference Exception is Occured... Why This Happen? But when I'm only set Update Command the update method is successfuly exceuted
2. I'm getting Concurrency Error when using Oracle Command Builder and OracleDataTable that said 0 Row Updated 1 Expected
Please send me a test project to reproduce these problems. It is
desirable to use 'scott' schema objects, otherwise include definition of your own database objects. Use e-mail address provided in the Readme file. Do not use third party components.
3. How can I Retrieve the default value in OracleDataTable that have been set in Oracle Table
It is not possible in 3.55 version, unfortunately.
4. Is there any other way to AddRelation using OracleDataTable beside using dataset?
There is ParentRelation property of the OracleDataTable component. But it was added in OraDirect .NET 4.0.
5. Why OracleCommandBuilder always generate UpdateCommand with WHERE clause is not only the Primary Key for UpdatingRecord. It's always generate all field for WHERE clause. In ODAC if I'm not wrong it is using RowID for WHERE clause.
We will investigate this behaviour. I'll let you know our progress.

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Fri 31 Aug 2007 08:53

Design-time is fixed. Look forward to the next build.
In the code you will also have to set for .NET2

Code: Select all

commandBuilder.ConflictOption = ConflictOption.OverwriteChanges;